Tucked away below Federation Square the intimate Pilgrim Bar will play host to a newly launched fortnightly Spritz & Snack Party on Saturdays from 2 – 6pm. Featuring a spritz on arrival, a grazing menu of rotating delectable all-Australian snacks and tunes from local DJs, it’s an afternoon and $25 well spent.
Launching on Saturday January 26 Pilgrim will be shining the spotlight on ethical, local, and independent ingredients selected from a selection of 63 producers. Patrons can expect to find themselves sampling delicious yet unexpected bites like peppered wallaby tartare, outback curry bean dip, and native mint honey lamb ribs.
Head Chef Mike Richard is thrilled to share the endless flavours that Australia has to offer; “All of the produce we use from the proteins right down to the Tasmanian wasabi are sourced with local sustainability and seasonality in mind, which makes it an exciting and inspiring challenge for us in the kitchen.”
Succulent pulled pork mini bites will showcase free-range pork producer Pacdon Park, who’ve come a long way since humble beginnings on a pig farm in rural NSW in Bunnaloo. To keep the party vibes pulsing, fine drinks will be served from a variety of boutique winemakers and distillers including the likes of Brunswick’s born and bred Patient Wolf. The Cheeky Peach spritz is a must try, featuring Patient Wolf’s fine mix of native Australian and exotic botanicals and pure Australian water.
With tickets at only $25, you’ll need to snap them up quickly to enjoy a spritz and grazing session of top Australian charcuterie, mini bites, and small shares, while kicking back on the banks of the Yarra.
Tickets can be snapped up at www.pilgrimbar.com.au
LAUNCH GRAZING MENU:
- Wild boar, Salami, aged cheddar, assorted pickles, olives, grissini
- Smoked salmon rillettes, lemon myrtle, cucumber
- Peppered wallaby tartare, thyme pickled blueberry, saltbush, witlof
- Pacdon Park pulled pork, bush spiced chutney, balsamic onion, baguette
- Confit chicken, Sherry Jam garlic aioli, soft herb, baguette
- Outback curry bean dip, macadamia, soft herb, crostini
- Noix de Jambon, chevre mousse, Kakadu plum, crostini
- Tomato, pickled fig, triple cream brie, crostini
- Meru miso ranch bbq chicken wings
- Native mint honey peppered lamb ribs
- Roasted potato wedges, rosemary salt, aioli
- The spritz bar will be serving up a rotation of fruity spritzers from $12 featuring an all-Australian line-up of distillers such as Patient Wolf and Poor Toms, along with a range of local and boutique winemakers.